Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Serendipitous Series of Events (Part One)


Giant redwood trees grow from tiny brown seeds.

Lee asked me last winter, “Have you ever thought about looking for a job in South America? You could be a hospital administrator down there,” he said.

“No, I had never considered it. Hmmmm, but it is a very compelling question! Maybe in the distant future,” I replied.

The seed was sown.

“What shall we say the kingdom of God is like, or what parable shall we use to describe it? It is like a mustard seed, which is the smallest seed you plant in the ground. Yet when planted, it grows and becomes the largest of garden plants, with such big branches that the birds of the air perch in its shade.” - Mark 4:31-32

I am trading my position as a hospital purchasing manager to be a high school science teacher. I am exchanging a log cabin in the woods for an apartment in a city with over a million people. I am moving from Chelan, Washington to Cochabamba, Bolivia to help in ministries to orphans and street kids.

The seed has grown.

How did we get there from here?


To be continued. . . . . !

No comments:

Post a Comment